Beginning my new role at Vouch, I immediately started working on establishing a design system to help us not only improve the overall consistency and user experience of the product, but also the efficiency of the development team building new features.
- establishing core fundamentals, including color palettes, design tokens, icon sets, etc.
- establishing base components
- working on advanced component patterns
- starting to define wider page and content templates
- split stack: when I started our frontend was split across React, Vue and web components, the design system needs to be applicable to all of these stacks
- different audiences and requirements for different “apps”: some of our apps are public facing, some are admin interfaces our users log into